Recent reports have linked RB Leipzig’s, Naby Keita with a sensational move away to Anfield, Liverpool in the summer. Klopp is apparently looking to strengthen his midfield as well as infuse some serious quality this summer.
Vying for silverware on all fronts, the Reds need to add quality and numbers in their squad and Keita is seen as a prospective target for the same.
The Central midfielder has been a key figure in Leipzig’s amazing run in the Bundesliga where they have been runners-up this season and has attracted a lot of interest from many elite clubs.
The Guniea International is apparently said to be valued as high as £50m. With 3 years still left on his contract at his present club, it should come as no surprise that Leipzig would command big money for their star player in the midfield.
Let’s take a look at the stats of the midfielder.
Naby Keita – Player Stats
- The ex-Salzburg man has made 31 appearances for the Bundesliga club making 8 goals and 7 assists in the process. Not short of goal scoring ability and creativity it seems for the midfielder!
- The dynamic midfielder could play in a holding position as well as in an attacking position forward providing fluidity and versatility in the midfield. The ability to play in different positions up front is something that is desired by most managers nowadays and Klopp would be no exception
- The Guniea International has maintained a stunning pass success rate 0f 81% as well as made 40 key passes for Leipzig showing the impact the midfielder has in the midfield and the change he brings to the team.
- The player has proven to be excellent with his eye-of-the-needle through passes as well as with his incisive diagonal passing. Having amazing ball control and impressive dribbling quality, the player truly exudes amazing creativity and vision in the heart of midfield.
- Having a tackle success rate of 72% and also making 82 interceptions, the player obliterates any doubts on his defensive ability. No doubt over here the player is a true gem of a prospect for any club.
The above stellar resume does point to the fact that he has all the ingredients to be one of the best in Europe.
What’ll he bring to Club?
With interest from foreign elite clubs looming large over Coutinho and Firminho, Klopp would not mind adding sheer quality and skill in the squad.
Also, there is no doubt that the player would bring some serious creativity and vision in the midfield providing the extra edge and flair that the Reds might need to contend for silverware on all fronts next season.
The Reds have been exposed many times this season on counter attacks but having Keita in the heart of midfield would provide that added composure and calmness to avoid such disasters.
A gem of an addition one must say.
Worth the Money?
The Leipzig man is as complete a midfielder as one could get at the tender age of 22 and no doubt will be an amazing investment for any club.
The £50m is quite valid and legitimate seeing the characteristic and quality he has in him. Safe to say with him in the squad the Reds would be a lethal force next season.
But with huge interest from other clubs mounting on the youngster, Klopp should act fast if he wants to see the youngster at Anfield next season.