Juventus midfielder, Kwadwo Asamoah is being recently linked with a move to West Ham United, as Slaven Bilic seems to be impressed with the 22-year-old Ghana International.
With only a year left on his contract, the Juve midfielder is set to be valued at £12m and is apparently the subject of interest from many Premier League clubs with Hammers being in the forefront to sign the midfielder.
The 28-year-old has played second fiddle to Pjanic and Khedira in the middle and has also been deployed as a left-back a number of times for the Bianconeris. Frustrated with his lack of game time and inconsistency in playing positions, the midfielder is determined to leave Juventus.
Let’s take a look at the stats of the Ghana International with the Black and Whites in the past season.
Kwadwo Asamoah – Player Stats
The 28-year-old Ghana player has had a roller coaster of a season with the Serie A champions, displaying mixed performance throughout.
Juve boss, Massimiliano Allegri hasn’t used the player very often in the season putting him on the bench more often than usual.
- Asamoah has made only 17 appearances for the Old Lady accumulating just 1380 mins, providing only 1 assist in the process.
- Although Allegri has given him only a handful of games still the 28-year-old midfielder has shown traits of his talent and skill in the limited time available to him.
- The Ghana man has a remarkable pass success rate of 90% and has also provided 14 key passes to the Serie A club.
- Making 22 interceptions and having a dribble success rate of 76%, the player’s creativity and defensive awareness are exemplified.
- The only blemish in the spotless resume of the Ghana player is his inability to be consistent with his form which has put him on the B-list of Juve boss.
What’ll he offer the Club?
Bilic is currently looking to bolster his midfield in the summer. Leaving the likes of Michail Antonio and Robert Snodgrass, creativity and quality has been lacking from all other midfielders at Bilic’s disposal. Payet’s departure in January has also not helped the cause.
Seeing the current situation at the club, Asamoah may prove to be the messiah that Bilic needs to propel his club into the top half of the table next season.
With his dribbling skills and ability to play incisive diagonal passes, he might provide the fodder and supplies that their forwards require to get goals for the team.
Worth the Money?
Valued at £12m, it would be bargain of a buy for Bilic. With their current form, they are struggling to garner success and the Ghana international’s addition might be the key factor to the Hammers’ resurgence next season.
All eyes on Bilic with this one.